Monday 27 January 2020
6.30pm to 8.30pm
Connect and Learn Evening
hosted by Permaculture Toowoomba Inc.
at Mercy Community Green Care
104 South Street, Toowoomba
includes a light supper
Are you wondering where to start in planning your plot? Or do you want to design and extend the gardens you already have? If so, this practical session will focus on basic planning concepts and inspiration including:
- Analysing your site
- Understanding the climate, sun, shade, rainfall, wind, frost aspect and terrain of your plot
- Identifying microclimates
- Considering your personal needs for an edible garden
- Introduction to Permaculture Zones
If possible, please bring an A3 plan or image of your property. This could be a building plan, an image from Google Maps or a simple bird’s-eye view sketch you’ve created yourself. It doesn’t need much detail but it would be great if it’s roughly to scale. Check that you can identify the direction of North and see the property boundaries, buildings and existing trees. If your property is very large you might want to focus just on the area close to your house.
You’ll take home:
- A sector analysis overlay to use in your planning
- Some initial ideas on a rough concept plan
- Financial Members of Permaculture Toowoomba Inc. – Free
- First-time Visitors to a Permaculture Toowoomba Inc. Event – Free
- Non-Members – $10 per person
- Children attending with parents – Free
This is a Family-Friendly event. Everyone is welcome including children with close parent supervision for their safety.