Monday 26 October 2020
Grow Your Own
Aromatic Apothecary Garden
6.30pm to 8.30pm
hosted by Permaculture Toowoomba Inc.
at Mercy Community Lucia Room, 104 South Street, Toowoomba
Join us from 6.30pm for a 6.45pm start
What We’ll Do
Are you intrigued by the idea of growing your own aromatic apothecary garden filled with beautiful scents and plants that heal and nurture? Perhaps you’ve been motivated by the many new challenges of 2020 to see fresh possibilities for your garden to enhance wellbeing. Would you like to grow a natural first aid kit? But what plants can you grow and how do you use them?
I’ll tell you about some of my favourite aromatic and healing plants that you can easily grow in your own backyard.
- Medicinal herbs that grow well in our bioregion (including the well-known aloe vera, calendula, chamomile and lavender, but also a few more unusual plants).
- Some simple recipes and ideas for using plants to enhance wellbeing (including making teas, infused oils, salves and balms, honeys and syrups, natural remedies, and household products.
- Ideas for scenting and purifying your home using fresh botanicals (including potpourri, smudge sticks, natural cleaners, insect deterrents, and more).
- Financial Members of Permaculture Toowoomba Inc. – Free
- First-time Visitors to a Permaculture Toowoomba Inc. Event – Free
- Non-Members – $10 per person
- Children attending with parents – Free